Monday 14 October 2013

Week Five

Captain Phillips stars 2-time Oscar winner Tom Hanks in the true story of Captain Richard Phillips and the 2009 hijacking by Somali pirates of the US-flagged MV Maersk Alabama, the first American cargo ship to be hijacked in 200 years. The film is directed by Oscar nominee Paul Greengrass.
Watch the latest trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5SqqBaa4Q4g

Personally I feel quite excited to see this film as its the type of role I haven't seen Tom Hanks play, I'm interested in how they can make the film successful and touching as the story itself doesn't normally appeal to me. I also love how authentic it is, as the film casted real Somali actors, instead of using Americans. This shows how the film has impacted in Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment